Town Office Information

The Town Office is located at 50 Bay Point Road and is attached to the Georgetown Central School building.

The mailing address for the Office is PO Box 436, Georgetown, ME 04548

The Office phone number is 207-371-2820; fax number is 207-371-2331

To send e-mail to the Town Clerk, use

To send e-mail to the Assistant to the Selectmen, use

Summer Hours (June, July, August): Monday through Friday from 9 AM to noon and 1PM to 5 PM.
Regular Hours (September – May): Monday through Thursday from 9 AM to noon and 1 PM – 5 PM.

The Town Office will be closed on the following dates:
Closed Monday January 15 for Martin Luther King Day

Tues & Thurs 7 AM-2 PM

If you are planning on getting married, you need to fill out an application for a marriage certificate and an application for intentions of Marriage. Please call the office to make an appointment to file intentions and to obtain a marriage license. To obtain copies of these forms to fill out and file, click on the Forms & Applications page on the listings to the left.

Please be sure to call the Town Office (371-2820) to make sure the office is open before venturing out during storms and inclement weather.  For matters concerning roads and snowplowing, please call the Road Commissioner, Charlie Collins (841-8774).

The 2018 dog licensing tags are now available at the Town Office. Licensing is required for all dogs over six months of age.  A current rabies certificate and spay/neutering information are needed for first time licensing.  Please note that a $25 state mandated late fee will be added to the normal fee for all dogs registered after January 31, 2018 if the dog was required to be registered by December 31, 2016.  For information about animal control matters, please call the Animal Control Officer, Sarah Mancini (319-3922).

Tax bills for 2017 will be mailed out in October, 2017. If you have recently moved or if you think it is possible that we may not have your correct mailing address, please contact the Town Office as soon as possible.

If you disagree with your tax bill and want to contest it, please file for an abatement.  The form for filing an abatement is available on the Forms & Applications page of this website.

Forms are available in the Town Office

Homestead Exemption: If you are a resident homeowner, you need to apply only once for a $10,000 property valuation exemption if your Georgetown home is your primary residence, you have lived there over a year and you do not claim an exemption in any other state.  Forms must be in by1 April. Click on the link for the application form: Homestead Exemption Application Form

Veterans Exemption: Veterans must be at least 62 years old, and you need only apply once.  Forms must be in by 1 April. Click on the link for the application form: Veteran’s Property Tax Exemption Form

Documented boat owners should have paid their state excise tax by 1 July, 2017. If this tax remains unpaid on September 1, 2017, a lien may be placed on your vessel.

Mooring fees for 2017 are due now.  The mooring fee will double if not paid before 1 May, 2017.  Mooring numbers are required to be posted on your mooring float.  Failure to post your mooring number will result in a $25 fine being added to your 2017 mooring fee.

Clam Licenses
Commercial clammers who have completed their required hours of conservation work may buy their 2017/18 licenses beginning 1 June, 2017. Registration for the lottery for Non-Resident recreational licenses and any available Commercial licenses will be held 5 & 6 July, 2017. The lottery drawing will be held on 7 July, 2017 at 9:30 AM in the Town Office.